CreateUserWizard - automatically login user?

Oct 9, 2007 at 1:08 AM
Hi, i'm new to this project, but I seem to have hit a snag. I cannot get the CreateUserWizard to log in the user when they are created. I looked at the code and I don't see anything in the OnCreatedUser method that handles this, and I don't konw enough about the membership API to inject the code myself, though I'm all for trying if someone can point me in the right direction!

while i'm on that note, out of curiousity if the adapter creates its own OnCreatedUser event method inside the adapter, what happens to it when I crate my own OnCreatedUser method at the page level?

thanks!
-SelArom
Nov 22, 2007 at 1:35 AM

SelArom wrote:
Hi, i'm new to this project, but I seem to have hit a snag. I cannot get the CreateUserWizard to log in the user when they are created. I looked at the code and I don't see anything in the OnCreatedUser method that handles this, and I don't konw enough about the membership API to inject the code myself, though I'm all for trying if someone can point me in the right direction!

while i'm on that note, out of curiousity if the adapter creates its own OnCreatedUser event method inside the adapter, what happens to it when I crate my own OnCreatedUser method at the page level?

thanks!
-SelArom

Hi, I have created a work item in Issue Tracker with a proposed fix for this.

See work item #4510 - http://www.codeplex.com/cssfriendly/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=4510

In answer to your question, SelArom, the adapter registers a handler for the OnCreatedUser event in the OnInit phase. You can also register an event handler for the OnCreatedUser event of your wizard control at the page level and both event handlers will execute, your handler will probably execute first.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Grant