buggy unhover behavior on 3rd tier

Oct 12, 2007 at 6:13 AM
When I run the sample project with the latest release, I am finding some odd behavior while using the menu control in IE7. This happens in the provided example as well as my own personal examples.

To recreate this error, select the first link (the "music" link) in the sample code while in IE7, and move your mouse pointer down the list until you get to the "rock" link. Instead of moving the pointer towards the menu items that open to the right of that link, move it all the way to the left, until the menu closes. Then, while still off the menu, move the mouse back up to the main menu links and have the pointer re-enter the "music" link. This will open the dropdown menu again, only this time the "rock" link's submenu will already be open, only with blank links. This behavior seems to happen with all third tier menus.

Any ideas about how this problem can be solved?
Nov 5, 2008 at 9:34 PM
Hi Booltron

I am having the same problem in IE. I have looked at the code and cannot see either an obvious way to fix it or a way around it.

Is it the CSS that causes the problem or IE?

There must be a solution to this because other menu controls I have played with see to work but I haven't gone as far as to make them look pretty with CSS. Since I am not a CSS wiz I would probably end up copying the CSS's in this project and changing colours etc.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks
Steven
Jan 27, 2009 at 6:55 PM
I have a very similar problem but it seems to happen on my site (local machine) only, even if I use the css files directly from the examples with no modification.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Apr 9, 2010 at 11:02 AM

I experienced this bug today as well, and it is very annoying. I have been looking for a solution, but with no results.

Does anyone know how to fix this bug in Internet Explorer (7)?