CreateUserWizard still generates double postbacks

Oct 13, 2007 at 7:16 AM
I recently created Membership, Role and Profile providers to work with MySQL 5.0. I am creating a CSS compliant website for a customer and as soon as I implemented the CreateUserWizard CSS Friendly adapter I started getting duplicate email error messages. I did some research and I found out that the problem was related to a double postback. I then logged on here and downloaded what I thought would be the fixed version of the CSS Adapter but I am still seeing the same issue.

Is there something I am missing? Do I need to download the whole package again?
Feb 26, 2008 at 8:33 AM
Hi

I was wondering if there was any update on this issue as I am having the same problem with double postbacks.
Is there a latest DLL available with some of the well known issues fixed?

I'm not 100% sure how to do it the other way, the DLL is dead easy tho.

Great work by the way chaps nice one.

Martin
Coordinator
Feb 26, 2008 at 8:40 PM
I can't say with any certainty with relation to the membership controls, as I don't have any test environments to evaluate them against. If someone was willing to write up some test pages (like the existing WalkThru pages for the other CSS-adapted controls), I'd do some investigation.

The problem, as it originally existed, was supposedly corrected by updating the PostBackOptions calls, as in this:

PostBackOptions options = new PostBackOptions(btn, "", "", false, false, false, clientSubmit, true, wizard.ID);

What version of the CSS adapters are you using? Does your version use code like the above in CreateUserWizardAdapter.cs?
Feb 27, 2008 at 8:20 AM
Hi - thanks for the reply

I was just using the CssFriendly.dll version 1.0.0.0 so I don't have access to the source at the minute, I was just wondering if there was anything already fixed and repackaged out there so I can just replace the dll in my Bin folder.

The issues I have encountered with it so far are -

• EmptyDataTemplate not displaying on GridView
  • Login control causing double postback and not redirecting to destination page
  • CreateUserWizard control causing double postback and displaying Username already taken message.

Is it easy to recreate the dll by applying the fixes myself to the source code?

Cheers

Martin
Coordinator
Mar 6, 2008 at 1:06 PM
Many of the issues (perhaps all of them?) have been resolved. You should download the latest source code release from http://www.codeplex.com/cssfriendly/SourceControl/ListDownloadableCommits.aspx, compile to generate the DLLs, and test them in your application.

Side thought: Every time I click to Post a message on CodePlex, the message is posted twice. Maybe CodePlex needs to solve a double-postback problem, too. :)