"Opting in"

Nov 9, 2007 at 12:51 PM
Hi there,

First off all thanks for the effort you guys are putting into this project. It's greatly appreciated.

While trying out the project I came to the same conclussion as my collegue who modified the code slightly so that you explicitly have to enable CSS friendly output.

Some ways to do this are :

- setting the property on the webconrol, AdapterEnabled=true
- speficy a setting in the web.config like :
FriendlyCssByDefault = true/false

Why is this important?

It is important for projects that are being extended/maintained where you want CSS output witht the new stuff you write but doesn't mess with the gridviews,radiobuttons,etc that are already in the site.
Or imagine integrating it into an existing SharePoint site where the designer spent days working on getting the ugly HTML right.

It is not important when one starts a new project.

I hope you will address this in the next release 1.1 of the controls. Is there any ETA on this version?

Kind Regards, Tom Pester

Coordinator
Nov 15, 2007 at 1:10 PM
That is a very good suggestion and would probably be very useful to others. Would you (or your colleague) consider submitting a patch that shows the changes implemented?

The only note I would make is that "FriendlyCssByDefault" should be "true" by default, so as to not break existing behavior.
Nov 15, 2007 at 2:07 PM
Hi bdemarzo,

I'll put it on my TODO list and will do it the next time we are in need of the CSS adaptors.

How should I submit the patch? Is there a procedure documentend for this on codeplex or do we just post the delta here?

Kind Regards, Tom
Coordinator
Nov 15, 2007 at 8:06 PM
You can submit a patch (basically a bunch of files) by uploading them as a "patch" in the source code section of the CodePlex project (http://www.codeplex.com/cssfriendly/SourceControl/PatchList.aspx) -- or, if you're using the SVN bridge for CodePlex, you can submit an SVN patch (preferred, but I doubt too many are doing this).