CSS Friendly Menu Issues

Jan 21, 2008 at 9:50 AM
Hi fellow developers.

First of all thanks for making the Control Adapters a LOT more user friendly.

Now onto my issues I'm having.

I'm using the latest source code but are having trouble with my menus now.

The first issue was that the menus were not displaying in IE6 - I've managed to fix the vertical menus by adding 'position static' to the css . However my horizontal menu is still missing. Any ideas are welcomed.

The second issue is a strange one. My vertical sub menus were rendered horizontally across my page. I managed to fix this in IE by using the 'width:106px' for the overall menu. However this does not seem to work for Firefox. Normally it's IE that gives problems. Again any ideas would be appreciated as the site is going live shortly but will have to be put on hold till this is fixed.

Thanks in advance for all your help and assistance.

vinny
Jan 22, 2008 at 7:33 AM
Update on the previous posting.

Managed to fix the Firefox issue by removing all other options in the CSSFriendlyAdapters.browser file keeping only the menu option. This isn't completely the solution because my horizontal admin menu is now rendered vertically...... sigh....... Also my horizontal radiobuttonlists were rendered vertically when it was the original browser file that is fixed now with the updated browser file. maybe this is related.

Any Ideas.

Vinny
Jan 22, 2008 at 6:04 PM
Hello vinny. Not to go off-topic but since you have managed to get this to work, is there any additional trick, div structure, or styling to making the vertical menu work in IE6 other than applying position: static to the AspNet-Menu class? I am experiencing the same IE6 issue that you mentioned but the static position does not seem to be fixing it. Using the dev toolbar I can highlight the AspNet-Menu div and it is positioned correctly but the menu items, when highlighted, show up in the top left corner of the browser and remain hidden.
Jan 22, 2008 at 7:21 PM
Actually I got the main menu working by removing a botched attempt I made a while back to try to fix the secondary problem. All child items, again using dev toolbar, show in their correct, relative positions when highlighted, but when you hover over the parent item the child item does not become visible in IE6. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this problem or not.
Mar 4, 2008 at 10:27 AM
Edited Mar 4, 2008 at 10:27 AM
Hi there,

Don't know whether this will help but I spent nearly two days on a similar problem in IE6. I went through the whole position:static scenario and in the end I found out that doing the following fixed the problem completly

.MainMenu .AspNet-Menu-Horizontal
{
position:absolute;
}

I had originally just the .MainMenu selector (change to what ever you have) but adding the .AspNet-Menu-Horizontal fixed it.

Hope that helps

Adrian