Code renders differenty after project is compiled?!?

Jun 18, 2010 at 9:32 PM
Edited Jun 18, 2010 at 9:32 PM
I've got a website I am building (which is located at ffctestsite.com), which uses the menu control and cssfriendly adapter. I'm new to this, so I am really confused with an issue I am having. I've created a reference to cssfriendly.dll and added the browser file to the right folder, and it works great when I ctrl-F5 the website. When I publish the website and upload it, there is no ul's or li's rendered, and instead, all I get is some javascript and a text menu. A graphic of the different code is at ffctestsite.com/CodeDifferences.jpg. I am royally confused and have no idea what to do. Any ideas what would be causing this? Thanks in advance for some help. Josh Broton
Jun 22, 2010 at 8:42 PM

I'm experiencing a very similar issue.   My menu renders correctly (in the cssfriendly way) in when I run it in Visual Studio 2010, but I get the old asp.net menu’s when I publish the site and server it from IIS 7.

Jul 2, 2010 at 4:07 AM

I re-installed VS2008, and poof, everything works again. No changes at all. I would go back to 2008 and wait for the adapters to be fixed.

Oct 28, 2010 at 8:08 PM

I just posted a discussion concerning this. This has to do with VS2010 assuming version 4 for browser definitions even if you has set the web site as 2 or 3.5. All you have to do is delete the app_browser.dll file in the bin folder (which you shouldn't have to do, but......) after you publish. I found the solution at http://www.5limes.com.au/blog/index.php/vs-2010-web-publishing-issue-with-the-browser-files.html