Unable to create type 'CSSFriendly.MenuAdapter'.

Nov 16, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Hi guys,

i created a web site recently and i used CSSfriendly everything was working perfectly on the development server, but after i puplish the site to hosting server that used Parallel Plask Panel 

the CSSfriendly stopped work and i keep got this message

Unable to create type 'CSSFriendly.LoginStatusAdapter'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Exception: Unable to create type 'CSSFriendly.LoginStatusAdapter'.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[Exception: Unable to create type 'CSSFriendly.LoginStatusAdapter'.]
   System.Web.Configuration.HttpCapabilitiesBase.GetAdapter(Control control) +8719180
   System.Web.UI.Control.ResolveAdapter() +77
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +19
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +210
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +378

i tried to create this case on the development server and as i found it's appear when i delete the CSSFriendly.dll from the bin folder on website root,

i check the production server and the dll exist there but why this error keep appearing .

BR

Nov 23, 2011 at 11:19 AM

and i got this from plesk 

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Parallels Technical Support. “the plesk server not support the CSSFriendly”

I could understand that you are facing issues while trying to install tool CSSFriendly in Domain 'www.**********'. CSSFriendly is a custom Application tool which is not officially tested with Plesk. Plesk supports the Applications of a Domain installed through Plesk Application Vault. So the issue regarding CSSFriendly installation is out of scope of Parallels technical support. There are no known bugs reported regarding CSSFriendly installation with Plesk. I would recommend you to contact your Domain Administrator who can help you better.