Cannot add menuadapter.cs file to Web App, No App_Code folder

Aug 16, 2008 at 3:09 AM
I am newbie to CSS Control Adapters. I am trying to see some sample examples before implementing them in my Web Application project. I noticed that Web Application in VS 2005 do not have App_Code folder, then how do I add the *adapter.cs* related files to my Web Application project ? I read that I need to copy the Javascript, Styles and <adapter>.cs files to my web app in order to usee CSS adapters.

Please advise
Thank you
Aug 16, 2008 at 11:35 PM
In VS, you can right-click on the root of your web site and add a new folder. Or (I think) if you tell VS you want to add an existing item, and you try to add a .cs or .vb file, it will ask you if you want to put it in App_Code, and will create App_Code for you.

Or you can add the folder through Windows Explorer, then open VS.

Any of those approaches should work.

Good luck.
Aug 17, 2008 at 1:40 AM
Thanks for replying. I have read on multiple forums where it's said adding an App_Code folder to a web application project is not a great idea as all the classes in the App_Code folder gets compiled twice; one during compilation and one is during run-time. Any thoughts on this ? Can I do without adding the .cs files to any folder or do I have to add it App_Code folder ?