Suggestions

Coordinator
Mar 14, 2007 at 3:13 AM
Let us know your suggestions for future revisions to the CSS Friendly Control Adapters.
Mar 14, 2007 at 8:50 AM
Would it be a good idea to add a JavaScript library to this project? Some possible libraries are Prototype (http://www.prototypejs.org/), JQuery (http://jquery.com/) or the Microsoft AJAX Library (http://ajax.asp.net/downloads/default.aspx?tabid=47). Things to consider would be if the licences allow it to be included in a project that is under the Microsoft Permissive License and what functionality would be needed from the library.

When the decision is made to include a library the existing javascript can be rewritten to use library functions possibly leading to more concise, faster or smaller scripts. None of these benefits are guaranteed though.

My vote would be for the Microsoft AJAX Library because of the namespace support it adds to javascript (http://ajax.asp.net/docs/ClientReference/default.aspx).
Mar 14, 2007 at 9:01 AM
Perhaps it is a good idea to update the 'official' website with a notification that the project is now hosted at CodePlex?

Even better would be a news item in the 'Featured News' box on the home page of the official ASP.NET website.
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2007 at 12:53 PM
Hopefully Microsoft will post some info on the official site soon.

As for JS libraries, I'm a big fan of Prototype. It's well-established, has excellent compatibility, and is lightweight (at least in comparison to Microsoft's Ajax library).

If we incorporate something like Prototype or jQuery or Atlas, this library effectively becomes a "CSS friendly adapters powered by <...>" -- a big difference from the way things are now.

Until we see that not using a JavaScript library holds us back, I think we should avoid using one. The other option is to have different distributions -- one with no library, one with Prototype, one with jQuery (JQuery?), one with MS Ajax, etc..

Let's see what Russ (one of the original developers of the adapters) has to say when he gets a moment to chime in.
Mar 15, 2007 at 11:02 PM
How about supporting PagerTemplate in the GridViewAdapter? And custom pages in the CreateUserWizardAdapter?
Mar 16, 2007 at 2:50 PM
Support for specifying custom CSS classes for the generated elements. For instance I'm working on a project where in the DetailsView I needed some fields to be styled differently and positioned in a certain way.

The quick way I accomplished this for the meantime is by applying the HeaderStyle property, if it exists, to the name span element and the FooterStyle property, if it exists, to the value span element.
Mar 19, 2007 at 10:50 PM
I understand that these adapters produce code that is predictable and can be styled using your own CSS. Still it would be nice if the original control properties would also result in CSS rules being applied. For instance the ImageSet property of the TreeView. I will understand if this is not feasible, but I was wondering what your ideas about this are. Thanks!

PS. I will look into the source code a bit next month and see if I can be a contributer as well.
Mar 22, 2007 at 9:42 PM
I agree there are several properties in the menu control that I would like to be able to still use. Most notably the static seperator images.

I think it would be cool to help out with this project although I am by no means an expert...
Mar 27, 2007 at 8:08 AM
Hi bdemarzo,

I have created an adapter which might be usefull to the project. The adapter redefines the layout of the RadioButtonList Control. The new layout consits of a unorderd list (ul,li) with a radiobutton and label (instead of a table based layout). The rendered output does have to be styled according to the users preference (example css provided below).

Also an Adapter which I would like to see is the WizardAdapter. Currently the Wizard control spawns all kind of ridiculus markup (nested tables and such). The position of the Wizard parts is therefor almost impossible to alter and non-standards complient.

Let me know what you guys think, and feel free to modify and/or add it to the project!

Sincerely,
Christian van Leeuwen
Developer at Deloitte Netherlands

Source code

using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.Adapters;

namespace CSSFriendly
{
	/// <summary>
	/// Overrides the default table layout of the <see cref="System.Web.UI.WebControls.RadioButtonList"/> 
	/// control, to a XHTML unordered list layout (structural markup).
	/// </summary>
	public class RadioButtonListAdapter : WebControlAdapter
	{
		protected override void RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriter writer)
		{
			if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(Control.CssClass))
			{
				writer.AddAttribute(HtmlTextWriterAttribute.Class, Control.CssClass);
			}
			writer.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriterTag.Ul);
		}

protected override void RenderEndTag(HtmlTextWriter writer)
		{
			writer.RenderEndTag();
		}

protected override void RenderContents(HtmlTextWriter writer)
		{
			RadioButtonList ButtonList = Control as RadioButtonList;
			if (null != ButtonList)
			{
				int i = 0;
				foreach (ListItem li in ButtonList.Items)
				{
					string itemID = string.Format("{0}_{1}", ButtonList.ClientID, i++);

#region Li
					writer.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriterTag.Li);

#region Input
					writer.AddAttribute(HtmlTextWriterAttribute.Id, itemID);
					writer.AddAttribute(HtmlTextWriterAttribute.Type, "radio");
					writer.AddAttribute(HtmlTextWriterAttribute.Name, ButtonList.UniqueID);
					writer.AddAttribute(HtmlTextWriterAttribute.Value, li.Value);
					if (li.Selected)
					{
						writer.AddAttribute(HtmlTextWriterAttribute.Checked, "checked");
					}
					writer.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriterTag.Input);
					writer.RenderEndTag(); // </input>
					#endregion

#region Label
					writer.AddAttribute("for",itemID);
					writer.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriterTag.Label);
					writer.Write(li.Text);
					writer.RenderEndTag(); // </label>
					#endregion

writer.RenderEndTag();  // </li>
					#endregion

Page.ClientScript.RegisterForEventValidation(ButtonList.UniqueID, li.Value);
				}
				Page.ClientScript.RegisterForEventValidation(ButtonList.UniqueID);
			}
		}
	}
}

Css example

ul.radiolist
{
	list-style:none;
	margin-left:0;
	padding-left:0;
	width:100%;
}
ul.radiolist li label
{
	padding-left:.5em;
}
Apr 10, 2007 at 7:06 PM
Is this project still alive?
Coordinator
Apr 11, 2007 at 2:13 AM
It most certainly is. It was just recently made into a "community" project, so it's just getting its feet wet. To find out more go to the forums at http://forums.asp.net/1018/ShowForum.aspx
Apr 13, 2007 at 10:53 AM
Was just wondering if there were any plans to do an adaptor for the Wizard control and if so, when a beta would be available.

Many thans.
Coordinator
Apr 13, 2007 at 1:37 PM
There is no specific plan in place for anything at this time. However, as this is now an open source community effort, you (or someone else) is welcome to take a shot writing an adapter for the Wizard (or any other) control and submit it to us for review and potential inclusion into the project.
Apr 13, 2007 at 1:41 PM
This might belong in Issue Tracker, but TFS appears to be down...

Noticed a minor bug in MenuAdapter.RegisterScripts()
Line
filePath = folderPath.EndsWith("/") ? folderPath + "MenuAdapter.js" : folderPath + "/TreeViewAdapter.js";
should probably be
filePath = folderPath.EndsWith("/") ? folderPath + "MenuAdapter.js" : folderPath + "/MenuAdapter.js";
Coordinator
Apr 18, 2007 at 3:59 AM
This discussion has been copied to Work Item 30. You may wish to continue further discussion there.
Coordinator
Apr 18, 2007 at 4:00 AM
This discussion has been copied to Work Item 31. You may wish to continue further discussion there.
Developer
Apr 19, 2007 at 10:29 PM
Hi, what's the protocol for joining this project as a developer with commit access?
Coordinator
Apr 20, 2007 at 3:32 AM

Haacked wrote:
Hi, what's the protocol for joining this project as a developer with commit access?

Generally, the easiest way to help out:

• Download the latest source code.
  • Make local changes.
  • Send me a copy of the file(s) and change(s) made, along with an explanation (i.e. a "patch").
  • I'll review the changes and integrate them with CodePlex.

Once we're comfortable working together and I get to see the type and quality of the work you do, I'll make you a developer so you can check-in changes to CodePlex directly.

Then again, you are Phil Haack, so you can circumvent that entire process -- if you want access, you'll get it. Welcome aboard!

(The same privilege would go to anyone who has a well-established and well-published "resume" of coding talent.)
Developer
Apr 20, 2007 at 5:55 AM
No need to circumvent the process. It'll just make my already big head even bigger.
Oh, I just checked and you already gave me access. Oh well, I'll take it. Thanks!
May 3, 2007 at 12:04 PM
Hi, I've rewritten some parts of the threeview adapter, and posted it to the asp.net forum. Later I discovered that codeplex seems to be the place for changes. I hope you will review my code and include it in an further release.

The code is posted here:
http://forums.asp.net/thread/1685273.aspx
Coordinator
May 3, 2007 at 5:10 PM
I've seen it and have it flagged -- haven't had a chance to test it out and take a closer look. I'm also hoping one of the other guys may beat me to it. :)
Coordinator
May 3, 2007 at 5:11 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
May 9, 2007 at 1:29 PM
Hi,

For my own use, I've changed the order in which the javascripts are "loaded". First I'll look if there is a javascript directory defined, maybe there is a customized script, if not I take the scripts in the dll. Otherwise you can never define a custom script, unless you remove the scripts from the dll. Or am I missing something here?
Coordinator
May 9, 2007 at 7:17 PM

DaJudge wrote:

For my own use, I've changed the order in which the javascripts are "loaded". First I'll look if there is a javascript directory defined, maybe there is a customized script, if not I take the scripts in the dll. Otherwise you can never define a custom script, unless you remove the scripts from the dll. Or am I missing something here?

Perhaps an alternate solution is to rewrite the scripts so they are initialized as a global object type. In this case, the built-in scripts can be set to initialize after page load, and can skip all actions if an object of the same name/type already exists. (I'm no JS guru but I can imagine this is totally possible. It would require significant rewriting of the JS code.)
Jul 18, 2007 at 6:30 PM
I would like to add a suggestion for the GridView control adapter. Not sure how feasible this is, since normally you have to override the GridView control render method to achieve the desired result anyway, but it would be nice to see support for sub-headers within a GridView control. For example, let's say you have a set of records, products, grouped by categoryies, and want to display a GridView control grouped by these categories with a single table row for the category sub-header. Anyone have any ideas on how to achieve this result using CSS Friendly Adapters? I can show you some code if helpful on how this is achieved without the CSS Friendly GridView adapter.

This may also be a useful feature in other controls like DataLists.
Jul 19, 2007 at 9:09 PM
Hey All,
I've been using the ControlAdapter for the RadioButtonList that Christian posted above with great success. I did find, however, that it won't work with the RequiredFieldValidator without a small modification. Add the following after line 18:

writer.AddAttribute(HtmlTextWriterAttribute.Id, Control.ClientID);

This will give the client script the RequiredFieldValidator generates a handle to grab the RadioButtons.

peace,
Jason
Oct 11, 2007 at 2:14 PM
Are these CSS Friendly Control Adapters maintaining both languages for this project. I only see patch's for C#.net Is there a link to the VB.Net. patch's of the control?
Coordinator
Oct 11, 2007 at 5:07 PM

tkdev wrote:
Are these CSS Friendly Control Adapters maintaining both languages for this project. I only see patch's for C#.net Is there a link to the VB.Net. patch's of the control?

The VB.Net version is not maintained. That doesn't mean it can't be; if someone wants to do it, such code can be added to this CodePlex project.
Jan 9, 2008 at 11:34 AM
I've propose a solution to the PagerTemplate problem:

http://www.codeplex.com/cssfriendly/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=5026
Apr 17, 2008 at 4:43 PM
Edited Apr 17, 2008 at 4:53 PM
Some of what I say below may not be too coherent or cohesive, but hopefully at least the end product pieces by themselves will be.

**My main problem is that I downloaded and installed the adapters, and the templates don't show up on the templates menu when I choose New Web Site (in VWD 2005).

**There are apparently some older versions of the adapters out there which are linked, for example, from the asp.net forums. When we go to these sites, especially if they're maintained by Microsoft, shouldn't we be redirected to the most recent version? I'm still unsure, for example, if the adapters at http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/eula.aspx?id=%20096D9643-2597-4a3b-82E3-8863145E4A3D are the most recent. All this might give the impression that the project is disjointed (kind of like this post).

**I feel that the installation instructions need some revamping:

1. Download the current release. Only the CSSFriendly.dll and CSSFriendlyAdapters.browser files are required.
2. Add a reference to the CSSFriendly.dll to your web application.
3. Add the CSSFriendlyAdapters.browser configuration file to your App_Browsers directory.

**The instructions listed above assume that everyone is at the same level of usage and familiarity with the Friendly Adapters project, and has their project set up in the same way on their machine (e.g. that everyone has an App_Browsers directory--which, incidentally, I don't). Also assumed is that everyone knows from where to retrieve the DLL and where to place it in their project. If the VSI file isn't going to install everything to everywhere as it should, why even call it an "installation" and why go through the "installation" process? In my opinion, it's confusing to install something then still have to manually install or manipulate it. Since such is the case, just give us the files and let us do everything manually.

**I guess I'm ranting because everything new that I'm trying in my project is not working per the instructions. For example, I installed AJAX and found I couldn't use it effectively with tables--it's better with CSS divs instead, so they said. So I converted everything to CSS and encountered formatting problems in the FormView and DetailsView controls. Now I'm trying to "install" Friendly CSS Adapters and I'm assuredly not staying out of the line of Friendly's fire. It's all very frustrating. I was supposed to have my project completed months ago. Fortunately it's a non-paid, volunteer project so that they can't balk at not getting their money's worth due to my snail's pace.

**Anyway, answers on how to add the DLL to my project is the main thing, if someone can help me out with that; then I can see if Friendly will work for me. I hope to at least to be able to see the templates on the New Web Site menu... please, please, may it work!
Apr 21, 2008 at 1:41 PM
Edited Apr 21, 2008 at 1:45 PM
muybn:

It has been a while since I last downloaded/installed the CSSFriendly Adapters, and I don't use VWD -- but I hope this helps anyway. Taking your points in order:

AFAICT, the CSSFriendly project does not include any templates. No particular need, since incorporating the adapters does not require major changes to web.config or anything else that for which a template would be really useful.

Yes, it would be nice if other sites kept their links up to date.

Installation:
1: Downloading the current release: Two choices. (a) Go to the Releases tab here. You should see three prominent links to downloadable files. The zip file contains the source code, the .dll file is the dll, and the the .browser file is the browser file. You only really need the dll and browser files. (b) Go to the Source Code tab to get the latest change set (9278 as of this writing). Download it (wherever is convenient). It includes the source code and the .browser file. You will need to compile it yourself to produce the dll. I'd recommend getting the most recent changeset.
2. Add a reference to the dll: In VWD, try menu Website | Add Reference. Use the Browse tab of the dialog, and find the dll you downloaded or compiled in part 1. It will be wherever you put it. Click OK. (That works in VS2005 and matches the instructions for VWD, so I hope it works for you.)
3. Add .browser file to the App_Browsers folder. Seems pretty straight-forward to me...

You might not have an App_Browsers folder, if you do not have a .browser file. Just as you might not have an App_Themes folder if you're not using a Theme. App_Browsers is the standard, reserved folder where ASP.Net will look for the .browser file. Make it. VS has a right-click context menu for the web site "Add ASP.Net Folder"; if VWD does, you can use that. Otherwise, you might have to type in the name yourself.

What VSI file?

(If AJAX has encouraged you to use CSS instead of layout tables, good. Semantic markup is a Good Thing, but that's a separate rant.)

Adding the dll: When you add the reference (in step 2), you'll probably end up with a copy of the dll in your /Bin/ folder. (It might even be sufficient to drop a copy of the dll there yourself, but setting up the reference is a good idea.) Don't expect to see templates on the New Web Site menu, though, I do not think there are any (for this project).

Hope this helps,
Frank
May 7, 2008 at 11:56 AM
Configurable CSS tags
Currently, CSSFriendly inserts its own class names, and you (the site designer/developer) just creates the CSS to make it pretty.

But in order to use existing CSS libraries and other functionality (such as Yahoo's YUI library (http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/), I need to output specific class names for specific items. To support this, I need to search through the CSSFriendly code and replace class names with the YUI class names.

I realize CSSFriendly was not designed for YUI. But instead of having class tags hard-coded throughout CSSFriendly, perhaps make them into static constants at the beginning of the appropriate .cs file, or perhaps as a separate resource, would allow users of CSSFriendly to tweak the class names that are produced. If the resource file is used, CSSFriendly would ship with a "default" set of class tags, and other users could submit YUI-tailored class tags, etc.

Until then, I'm forced to search-and-replace whenever I want an updated CSSFriendly release ;)
Oct 24, 2008 at 12:24 AM
Do you realize that the installation  is like in voodoo for many people trying to learn asp.net? I come across this again and again.$0$0$0$0the instructions are poorly organized and hard to follow. I got stuck on 'Add a reference to the dll' I was happy, after searching for half an hour to get Franks suggestion - which didn't work - I wasn't able to browse to the location of the downloads - so maybe I'll look around for another hour to see if anyone caters to the beginner but most likely I will not be using the CSS adapters. $0
Coordinator
Oct 24, 2008 at 1:12 AM
I understand your frustration. As they are today, the CSS Friendly adapters are not intended for beginner audiences - both from the perspective of lack of documentation and of deployment support. I wouldn't recommend them out of the box for anyone in the beginning stages of learning ASP.Net.

-----Original Message-----
Date: Thursday, Oct 23, 2008 8:24 pm
Subject: Re: Suggestions [cssfriendly:8165]
To: [email removed]ly-To: [email removed]

>
>From: Cort Do you realize that the installation  is like in voodoo for many people trying to learn asp.net? I come across this again and again.$0$0$0$0the instructions are poorly organized and hard to follow. I got stuck on 'Add a reference to the dll' I was happy, after searching for half an hour to get Franks suggestion - which didn't work - I wasn't able to browse to the location of the downloads - so maybe I'll look around for another hour to see if anyone caters to the beginner but most likely I will not be using the CSS adapters. $0
>
>Read the full discussion online.
>
>To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])
>
>To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]
>
>You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.
>
>Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
Nov 12, 2008 at 8:14 PM
Edited Nov 12, 2008 at 8:22 PM
I just downloaded the CSS friendly controls yesterday, and found that they work great, once you get them working ;)

I only wanted the controls for one thing - the DetailsView control.  I'm at the beginning of coding the UI for a project that has multiple forms to create/edit various objects.  Using a DetailsView control is good for what we need, instead of manually formatting every form and figuring out ways to bind data.  There are a couple of standards that my team has for forms that weren't supported by Microsoft's default DetailsView control:

1.  Forms should not use tables to position elements.
2.  Every input control should have an associated label tag that can be used by screen readers.  (I work for a University, so accessibility standards are always on people's minds.)

The first standard was solved faily easily by the DetailsViewAdapter and some CSS tweaking.  The second standard stumped me for a longer time, however.  I had to go into the actual adapter code and try and figure out where/how the span that outputs the label was being created.  In the end I came up with a way to output labels, but it's not exactly elegant, since I'm new to tweaking controls and couldn't figure out the best way to do it.  What I did was add the following code to the DetailsViewAdapter.cs file (starting around line 167):

if (iCell == 0)
{
    // For compliance with screen readers, the name cell needs to be
    // rendered as a label and not just text.  This adds the label tag
    // with the 'for' property set to the ID of the control that it
    // corresponds to.  Right now this control is assumed to be in a certain
    // position in the row object, which works, but is bad.

string forField = row.Cells[1].Controls[1].UniqueID;
    forField = forField.Replace("$", "_");  // Change from name to ID property format.
    writer.WriteBeginTag("label");
    writer.WriteAttribute("for", forField);
    writer.Write(HtmlTextWriter.TagRightChar);
}
writer.Write(cell.Text);
if (iCell == 0)
{
    writer.WriteEndTag("label");
}

As my comment shows, this works, but I know it's a bad way to do it. I don't know if having support for a label tag is something most people would even care about, nor how many people would use a DetailsView control to render an input form. I think it'd be nice if there were a cleaner way to do this though, such as adding some sort of attribute to the control, like how the CssSelectorClass attribute works.  I may be completely missing something obvious here as well, so if that's the case then well, I at least learned a few things with this :)

Nov 14, 2008 at 6:42 AM
Edited Feb 2, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Suggestion: Implement the StaticDisplayLevels property on the menu adaptor.

This property is really important when you use the menu control with a sitemap data source. The sitemap only allows a single root item in the navegation hierarchy. When you use the menu control to create a horizontal navigation bar using a sitemap, you typically want more than just the root item to appear in the menu bar. For example if web.sitemap defines a navigation structure like the following, you may want to show both the root and second levels as a single level in the nav bar, effectively "flattening" the first two levels of the structure into one.

<?

xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <
siteMap xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/AspNet/SiteMap-File-1.0" >
        <
siteMapNode url="~/Default.aspx" title="Home" description="Home">
            <
siteMapNode url="~/About.aspx" title="About" description="About" />
            <
siteMapNode url="~/Contact.aspx" title="Contact" description="Contact">
        </siteMapNode>
</siteMap>

The StaticDisplayLevels property allows you to do this. When you set StaticDisplayLevels=2, both levels are treated as if they were root level.

See this post for details of how someone has already implemented this: http://forums.asp.net/t/1195007.aspx

Paul Taylor
www.dotcomsoftwaresolutions.com

Feb 20, 2009 at 6:23 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure if it depends on your set up, but creating an AppBrowsers folder as suggested on the project homepage didn't work for me. After some searching I found a reference to an App_Browsers (underscore) folder, so I tried that and it's working now.

Very useful, thanks,
Joe

Coordinator
Feb 20, 2009 at 6:27 PM
It is definitely App_Browsers, with the underscore, just like App_Code or App_Themes.

i'll update the project page and make necessary corrections.

Date: Friday, Feb 20, 2009 2:23 pm

>
>From: joezep Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if it depends on your set up, but creating an AppBrowsers folder as suggested on the project homepage didn't work for me. After some searching I found a reference to an App_Browsers (underscore) folder, so I tried that and it's working now.
>
> Very useful, thanks,
> Joe
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.
>
>Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
Apr 27, 2009 at 6:37 PM
I downloaded the .dll file and created a reference to it in my web app.  It placed a copy of the .dll in my bin folder.

I created the App_Browsers folder and added the CSSFriendlyAdapters.browser file.

Now what do I do?
Coordinator
Apr 27, 2009 at 11:44 PM
nothing. At that point all the controls that the cssadapters work with should be the css versions. Look at the source code from the web browser to confirm this.

Date: Monday, Apr 27, 2009 2:37 pm

>
>From: RandyHJ I downloaded the .dll file and created a reference to it in my web app.  It placed a copy of the .dll in my bin folder.
>
> I created the App_Browsers folder and added the CSSFriendlyAdapters.browser file.
>
> Now what do I do?
>
>
>
>
>
Aug 24, 2009 at 7:44 PM
Edited Aug 24, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Hi,

I just downloaded 24242. I appreciate the new functionality over 1.0, but is there a way to completely disable generated css, and just have pure css-friendly html, like in 1.0? i apologize if there is a way, but I haven't been able to find it in my searches.

Basically, I'm trying to style a menu, and it looks great in all browsers but ie6 (as usual).  I wasn't able to determine the problem, because duplicating the styling in another page worked fine (ie6 included), but when I commented out the reference to the internal styling at WebResource.axd, the original page looked perfect.  I'm pretty sure I've overridden all the styling, but I will look again. In any case, it would be much much simpler if I could just get a pure css-friendly html setup instead.

Thanks.

*Update*

Actually I just figured it out. I had indeed overrode everything, but did not realize 24242 was using !important flags for the built in css. I added !important flags to all my css and now it looks correctly in IE6 as well. Just to repeat what I posted in the asp.net forum, but personally I think integrating the CSS seems like a mistake. From a styling point of view, I would much rather start with blank css-friendly html, rather than something pre-styled. While out of the box styling is very nice, it seems like it would be more clean to have a separate css file that developers can use by default if they choose. Anyway, I apologize if I'm making any short-sighted assumptions since I've only given the project a cursory glance.